The emergence of wisdom teeth can cause discomfort for many people, but in some cases they may become impacted creating additional symptoms. In most cases, an impacted wisdom tooth will need to be removed sooner rather than later. If you are experiencing any discomfort of the mouth, contact our Las Vegas dentists at Drs. Chin Dentistry by calling (702) 445-7075 to schedule an appointment.
When a wisdom tooth becomes impacted, it is usually because it lacks the sufficient room needed to emerge. An impacted tooth can cause infection or may interrupt your adjacent teeth as well. When you have an impacted tooth there are typically warning signs to help with early indication, these include:
- Pain – The pain that you feel with an impacted tooth will be focused in the back of your jaw. In some cases pain may be extreme.
- Irritated gums – When you have an impacted tooth, you will experience gum irritation. The pressure on your back teeth and gums may lead to swollen, red, tender, or bleeding gums.
- Swelling of the jaw – An impacted tooth may lead to swelling of your lower jaw and tenderness to the touch.
In some cases someone experiencing an impacted wisdom tooth may experience secondary symptoms, which may include:
- An unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Difficulty opening your mouth
- Bad breath
If your impacted tooth is at the point of infection, you may be prescribed antibiotics to rid your body of infection and will most likely need to have the tooth extracted to avoid additional problems.
If you are experiencing tooth pain or are concerned you may have an impacted tooth, contact Drs. Chin Dentistry at (702) 445-7075 to schedule an appointment with an experienced Las Vegas dentist today!