Porcelain veneers are a great way to gain self-confidence through a beautiful smile. Cracked or chipped teeth can easily be transformed with this form of restorative dentistry. Our cosmetic dentists in Las Vegas can help you figure out if porcelain veneers are a good fit for you.
If you’re considering porcelain veneers or other cosmetic dentistry options, keep these aspects in mind:
Pros of Porcelain Veneers
- Complete smile restoration. Porcelain veneers can give you a brand new smile by changing the size, shape, color and even the alignment of your teeth.
- Long-lasting. These thin, porcelain shells that cover your teeth can last up to 15 years.
- Quick procedure. Porcelain veneers can be completed in as little as two appointments with Drs. Chin .
- Minimal reduction. The shells of porcelain veneers are lean and generally require minor tooth reshaping.
Cons of Porcelain Veneers
- Irreversible. This could be seen as either a pro or a con for porcelain veneers. They are permanent due to the tooth reduction required, but this also means they are durable. If you’re looking for a more flexible option, then Lumineers® might be best for you.
- Increased sensitivity. Porcelain veneers do require some of your natural tooth enamel to be shaved off in order to fit the shells comfortably over your teeth. This loss of enamel may make your teeth more sensitive to extreme temperatures.
- You might not qualify. If you have any sort of tooth decay or show signs of advanced gum disease, then you might not be a candidate for porcelain veneers. This doesn’t exclude you from other cosmetic dentistry procedures though.
If you’re interested in porcelain veneers, please contact Drs. Chin in Las Vegas today at (702) 445-7075 to schedule your consultation. Our cosmetic dentistry office serves clients in Las Vegas, Summerlin and Henderson, Nevada.