Keeping up with the most recent dental innovations? Whether you're looking for a new dentist or have been seeing the same one for a long time, you should constantly be aware of the latest dental advancements, like laser dentistry in Las Vegas. This way, you can rest assured that you are receiving the most advanced dental care possible.
Dentists are continuously seeking new and improved approaches to provide superior dental care, which is why there are fresh and constant innovations in the dentistry sector.
What is Laser Dentistry?
Lasers, which are extremely focused light beams, are used by medical practitioners to modify or remove microscopic quantities of tissue.
Since the early 1990s, lasers particularly designed and developed for dental procedures or oral surgery have been in widespread usage. Most work by ejecting a concentrated beam of energy in the form of light, which can be used to cut tissue or evaporate it.
Although this may sound painful, laser dentistry is significantly less painful and invasive than older procedures such as the feared drill.
Uses of Lasers in Dentistry
Lasers are widely used in dentistry, especially when treating problems with the gums. Uses of dental lasers include:
- Treatments for canker sores and cold sores
- Root canal therapy
- Gum disease treatment
- Gum inflammation removal
- Gum recontouring
- Exposing wisdom teeth
- Removing the tissue in the throat that causes sleep apnea
- Nerve regeneration after injury
- Surgical removal of benign oral tumors
- Teeth whitening
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Thanks to modern dentistry, patients enjoy many benefits from laser dentistry, including:
- Laser dentistry, in most situations, causes less pain and reduces the need for anesthetic and sedation dentistry.
- It is known to help people who are afraid of having their teeth drilled or tissue removed feel less anxious and stressed.
- During soft tissue treatments, patients should experience less bleeding and edema, and sutures may not be required.
- Using lasers to remove cavities has been shown to retain the healthy features of a tooth.
- Lasers are extremely accurate, lowering the likelihood of complications during treatment.
- Gums will be sterilized with lasers, reducing the risk of infection.
Types of Dental Lasers
Hard Tissue Lasers
Your teeth are treated with a hard tissue laser. These lasers can remove cavities, making the treatment much easier than ever before. They can even be used to whiten your teeth.
Soft Tissue Lasers
Soft tissue lasers use a wavelength of light that hemoglobin and water may easily absorb. Soft tissue lasers are great for gum work since hemoglobin is a substance found in blood. Diode lasers, a type of continuous-wave laser, are used in several soft tissue lasers.
These lasers are great for cutting soft tissue while also sealing any exposed blood vessels. This is why you don't bleed as much when you have laser dentistry and why you heal faster afterward. Soft tissue lasers are ideal for cosmetic operations because they provide immediate results.
Do You Think Laser Dentistry in Las Vegas Will Benefit You?
Gone are the days when patients had to endure painful and uncomfortable dental procedures. Today, advancements in dental technology have changed the way treatments are administered. At Drs. Chin and Pharar Dentistry, we strive to always provide quality dental care to our patients. Don’t hesitate to reach out today to learn more about our services.