Orthodontic problems, also referred to as malocclusion, can lead to serious tooth damage and can cause problems with your oral health. At the office of Drs. Chin your treatment will be customized to fit what is best for your unique situation. To schedule a consultation, call our Las Vegas dentistry practice at (702) 445-7075.
The following are some of the most common orthodontic issues that we see:
- Crowded Teeth: When your jaw lacks adequate space for your teeth to properly grow in, it may cause certain teeth to push backward or forward in an attempt to make room.
- Spaced Teeth: On the other hand, when there is too much room, it may cause gaps to occur between the teeth, sometimes leaving large gaps.
- Underbite: This occurs when the lower jaw extends beyond the upper jaw.
- Overbite: Opposite of underbite, overbite occurs when the upper jaw is extended out past the lower jaw.
- Crossbite: When you see some of your teeth fit inside the teeth of the other arch, while others fit outside, that is considered to be a crossbite.
- Protruding Teeth: This occurs when your teeth angle outward and is more commonly seen in the upper jaw.
- Open Bite: An open bite occurs when your teeth don’t all meet.
- Midlines: When the center line of your upper and lower jaws do not match up, you may have a midline, which is a common result of jaw displacement.
Our Las Vegas dentists at Drs. Chin Dentistry have the skill and expertise needed to diagnose and treat these orthodontic problems. To schedule a consultation, please call us at (702) 445-7075 today! We serve patients throughout Henderson and Las Vegas, Nevada.