If you’re missing one or more teeth, it’s crucial that you replace them as soon as possible. Leaving your mouth with missing teeth is simply not a smart idea and can lead to several major oral health problems. Your remaining teeth may shift to fill in the gap, leading to bite alignment issues. You may also begin to experience bone deterioration which can eventually result in the loss of additional teeth. In addition, you may find it harder to chew certain foods, which can lead to poor nutrition over time. For these reasons, we strongly recommend that you act fast in replacing missing teeth.While you have several options available to you, dental implants provide you with the most effective and long-lasting solution. They are the only option that replaces your missing root along with your missing tooth. This is important for several reasons:
- Your underlying jawbone will be stimulated by the implant, preventing bone deterioration down the road.
- The dental implant fuses with your jawbone, providing a stable, permanent replacement tooth that can withstand normal bite forces.
Additional Advantages of Choosing Dental Implants
In addition to the important benefit of replacing your missing root, dental implants offer several other important advantages compared with alternatives such as dentures or dental bridges:
- Tooth preservation – Dental implants don’t rely on the support of adjacent natural teeth. As a result, you will experience improved long-term oral health.
- Preserves facial structure – You will avoid the sunken facial appearance that often occurs when you lose bone density in your jaw. This will help you preserve a more youthful appearance.
- Improved eating and speaking – You won’t experience any of the problems eating or speaking that occur when poorly fitting dentures begin to slip.
- Durable, long lasting results – When properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Beautiful results – Your prosthetic tooth can be matched to the color and shade of your natural teeth in order to blend in seamlessly with your smile.
- Improved comfort – Because the dental implant fuses with your jawbone, it eliminates much of the discomfort associated with removable prosthetic teeth.
- Versatile restoration – Dental implants can be used with dentures or dental bridges to improve the function, comfort and convenience of these other restorations.
Dental Implants aren’t Right for Everyone
It’s important to understand that while dental implants may be the most effective tooth replacement option, they aren’t right for everyone. The dental implant process can take as long as 6 months to complete. You must be willing to commit to the lengthy time required of this procedure. If you prefer a faster solution, then you may want to consider alternatives such as dentures or dental bridges.Dental implants are also more expensive than other options. While this shouldn’t deter you from choosing a solution that will provide you with a permanent, fully functional replacement tooth, we understand that cost may be a consideration for many people. Our dentists offer a variety of financing options to ensure your dental implant procedure fits into your budget. During your initial consultation, our staff will review these financing plans with you in greater detail.There are also certain important candidacy requirements that must be met in order to undergo the dental implant procedure. Most importantly, you must have sufficient jawbone density to accommodate the implant. If you lack this bone structure, our dentists may be able to perform a bone graft in order for you to become a suitable candidate. In addition, you must be in good oral health before getting dental implants. If you suffer from gum disease or another oral health issue, our dentists will have to treat the condition before you move forward with the procedure.
Contact our Las Vegas Dentists
The best way to find out whether dental implants are right for you is to speak with our dentists in person. During your initial consultation, Dr. Chin and Dr. Pharar will review your options with you and recommend the ideal solution for your unique needs.Please contact Drs. Chin & Pharar Dentistry using the form on this page orcall 702-445-7075 today to schedule a dental implant consultation. We serve patients in Las Vegas, Summerlin, Henderson and the surrounding areas of Nevada.