If you have a tooth cracked, broken, or knocked out, you don’t want to wait a long time before getting it fixed. Drs. Chin Dentistry created its emergency dentistry service to help patients in the Las Vegas area who have dental problems that require immediate solutions. If you have a problem that requires immediate medical attention, we can help.
It’s important to go to a dentist immediately in the event of a dental emergency. The faster you take your issue to the dentist, the more likely it is that the problem can be fixed quickly, and the less pain and inconvenience you have to suffer. But many people are unsure what they should do immediately after the dental emergency occurs. In order to help those people out, we have compiled some basic first steps you should always take to maximize your chances of a successful dental outcome.
In the case of a dental emergency, you should:
- Clean any cuts on your lips, tongue, or gums, and do what you can to stop the bleeding.
- If a tooth, filling, crown, or other dental work has broken off, hold onto the fragment and take it with you.
- Use an ice pack to keep down any swelling in the mouth area.
- If a tooth falls out, rinse it off and try to slide it back in. If it won’t go back in, keep it in a glass of milk and bring it with you.
- If you lose a filling, place some dental adhesive or sugar-free gum into the cavity to minimize further damage.
Remember, all of these are temporary measures. Your goal is to get to an emergency dentist as soon as possible, and to prevent any further complications until you can get there. Our emergency dentistry services are available even at times when our regular practice is closed, so make sure to contact us as soon as possible!
If you have suffered a dental emergency or would like to know more about your emergency dentistry options, please contact Drs. Chin Dentistry at (702) 445-7075. We serve patients in Las Vegas and the surrounding area.