We see many patients for cosmetic consultations, who want to improve the appearance of their teeth. Mistakenly most patients believe that cosmetic dentistry involves treatment with large costs, but often times we can use dental bonding to help our patients achieve their goal of achieving a better smile without a large dental bill.
Though not a solution for replacement of larger areas of tooth structure, dental bonding can help resolve a variety of issues such as:
- Close spaces between teeth
- Lengthen teeth
- Modify the color of teeth
- Cover stains and discoloration
- Replace failing amalgam (silver) fillings
- Cover areas of gum recession
As with most dental treatments, there are advantages and disadvantages to usage.
Advantages of dental bonding include:
- Lower cost to patient in most cases
- Typically a short dental visit
- Little or no removal of tooth structure
- Treatment completed in one visit
- Often times no need for numbing
- Easily repairable as compared to porcelain restorations
The disadvantages of dental bonding may include:
- Not as strong as porcelain restorations
- Not as stain resistant as porcelain restorations
- Possibility of chipping or cracking to occur
- Replacement will be required sooner than that of porcelain restorations
At Drs. Chin & Pharar Dentistry in Las Vegas, we are happy to provide complimentary cosmetic consultations where the doctors will answer any questions you may have and discuss your goals for improving your smile. If you would like to learn more about dental bonding and whether or not it is a good option for you, contact our practice at (702) 445-7075 today!