Many people suffer from sensitive teeth, experiencing pain when eating or drinking something hot or cold in temperature. Though more common in those between the ages of 20 and 40, sensitive teeth can start at any time and any age. In cases of sensitivity, it is always a good idea to check with a dentist to make sure that there isn’t a more serious underlying issue. If you have been experiencing sensitivity of the teeth, contact Drs. Chin Dentistry at (702) 445-7075 to schedule an appointment with one of our Las Vegas dentists.
The twinge or discomfort that is typically felt with sensitive teeth usually comes and goes and can some times be worse than others. In addition to consuming something that is hot or cold, sweet or acidic foods and beverages may also cause discomfort.
Sensitive teeth typically develop in one of two ways, either the gum line has receded or the enamel has eroded. The condition is treatable when the proper measures are taken. The following can help in fighting tooth sensitivity:
- Use toothpaste that is specially designed to reduce sensitivity.
- Use a soft to medium-bristled toothbrush, using small, circular movements.
- Don’t brush your teeth too aggressively.
- Try and avoid sugary and acidic foods to the best of your ability.
- If you grind your teeth, use a mouthguard.
- If a chipped or cracked tooth is causing the sensitivity, use dental bonding, an inlay, or a crown to correct the problem.
If you are experiencing pain and discomfort and have not spoken to the dentist about your teeth and how to address the sensitivity in an efficient manner, contact Drs. Chin Dentistry at (702) 445-7075 to schedule an appointment with a highly trained Las Vegas dentist today!